His riddle for me

Today , during storytime, Cayen played with a blue stress ball .. And suddenly asked me, "Ah Po gave me a fruit, it's purple, what is it?"

Me: erm, a mangosteen ? 

C: no.. It's purple .. Like Tinkie Winky .. Like this (he pointed to some purple thing).. Purple 

Me: what's the color inside?

C: White . Purple outside. 

Me: mangosteen ? 

C: no ! Purple. 

Me : a grape ? The one that you peel the skin?

C: no .. (Points to the stress ball) how can it be a grape ? That is small. (Gave me a super exasperated look ) It is round like this, round like the Sun [i was secretly impressed with his comparatives] . And big. 

Me : plum ? 

C: no, that is blue. This is purple.

Me: erm , it's purple on the outside but white on the inside. I don't know..

At this juncture, C got up and tried to go outside , he muttered , "I will go ask Ah Po" 

To prevent the bedtime routine from extending further, I  quickly asked him to ask Ah Pa.

Ah Pa asked him, "is it 山竹?"

Cayen looked impressed. Yes! That's right. 

I should have known, my mother don't know much English so that would have been 山竹 to him! 

Anyway, here's a picture of him peeling oranges. He's really good at peeling stuff. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)