Exhausting weekend

It started with Da getting a high fever on Thursday night. So we canned the usual Friday night plans and had dinner home. I also took Cayen to Jerome's 100 days party on my own. Cayen had a good time as Marilyn and Marcus had prepared some nostalgic old school snacks for the kids and his highlight was the bubbles that entertained him for a long time. 

As Da was sick at home, I decided to bring him on a bus adventure where we randomly boarded the first double decker bus that came. It was so random that I didn't even know the bus number after I was comfortably seated. I had to ask my fellow passengers who might think I'm quite strange . I soon figured out that we are heading towards Boon Lay interchange , with the bird park and science centre in between. As I didn't have my membership card with me, I managed to convince Cayen to alight at the science centre instead, 

We then spent the next 2-3 hours at KidsSTOP which was funny and educational. As we didn't have to rush, he spent time playing some of the older games he tried previously and he also explored some of the climbing games for older boys and also digging in the archeological site. Most of all, it was fun to spend one on one time with him. 

Unfortunately, after a long day out, I couldn't quite rest too as baby was making strange noises during sleeping. I detected he was running a high fever at 3am plus. The fever went on till the next morning and we had to bring him to the doctor. 

I continued to bring Cayen out to brunch as he had "redeemed" the trip with the kidzos that he had accumulated with his good behaviour and it was a rare chance to catch my dear friend in town . At the restaurant, there's a nice indoor playground and outdoor bouncing castle and water playground which he enjoyed thoroughly. Unfortunately, he ran too much and threw up his lunch. Note to self: no running after lunch again no matter how light. 

Went home and baby's fever continued to rage and he had lost his otherwise hearty appetite. When he was running a fever , he lost all energy and was listless and quiet. Once the medicine took effect, he was then able to move around s little like his old self. The night was again a long one as he couldn't get to sleep till 10pm + and he woke up at 1.30am with a raging fever again hence, sponging had to resume to bring the temperature down again. Yesterday, apparently the fever was not so high and the time in which the time in between flare ups were longer too. I do hope it's the start of the recovery as I'm very tired after barely sleeping these few nights and starting the Plan cycle at work, 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)