Misbehaviour continues

At home, Cayen is still oblivious to baby. While he is not eager to play with baby, he is quite possessive when friends visit the baby. 

In the last one week, I have tried to get him to rock baby when baby cries , or tickle the baby's cheek to get him to drink milk and he has been quite cooperative which I took as a good sign . Unfortunately in school, his misbehaviour continues. Last week, he would push friends because he "didn't like them". And today, he just bit a friend as he was trying to block his friend. When asked why he bit, he told the teacher again that he "didn't like him". 

Again, I think this downturn in behaviour is caused by the addition of a new family member. 

Actually, I had earlier ordered some books from Amazon on managing his emotions etc and was quite cheesed that they were delayed for ten days and I couldn't use the stories earlier to try to teach the concepts to him in a more palatable fashion, especially since the incidents didn't happen at home and it's a bit hard to teach him post the event. 

And today, I just got a call to say that they tried to deliver on 4th July and no one was home. I snapped at them as I was definitely at home the whole day as I am doing confinement. And they didn't arrange for redelivery until today and the earliest is next week. Question is why they need 10 days to redeliver. I am definitely going to leave them a bad feedback. 

Anyway, as usual, as offence is more serious, I asked him to make a sorry card and he did. And he was quite generous to share his favourite stickers as "Cayden like this" .. But alas, after writing Cayden's name, and he wrote his name to sign off, he remarked that it's almost the same except for the "d" .. And he proceeded to insert a "d" in his name and cancelled it off. I almost shrieked but it's too late. And before I could do anything, he proceeded to cancel the "d" in Cayden's name too. Oh mine! 

Anyway, I concluded his flair is not in arts. Better develop other talents. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)