Blog Train

I was introduced to this blog train by my very longtime friend and neighbour Wenmei who is behind 
( http://honeymarquise.wordpress.com/ )

I've always been described as highly  energetic and driven, but I figure that Wenmei is one of those rare people who is that and more. She not only is a full time working professional, she also finds time to cook every day, care for her two toddler boys, write a blog, run an online store ( Paley and Love ), do her manicure, attend parties, and visit many places of interests with her family (sometimes all in one weekend)!

So as part of this train, I'm supposed to answer four questions about myself and also to introduce four people I'm passing this but alas, I actually don't follow any blogs apart from Wenmei's though I do follow a few Facebook pages so I will introduce some of those instead. 

Q: What am I working on? 

A: Apart from my day job as a product manager in a bank, by night I will update this blog which essentially narrates the growing up years of my beloved baby boy Cayen and also any other interesting aspects of my life , that largely involves dining, coffeeing, wining, environmental stuff and any good bargains I have come across. 

I also helped my hubby out in the wine business (Stellez Vine) that we launched 5 years ago after being wowed by the beautiful South Africa. This gives us not only the chance to pursue our hobby , but also to meet new friends and like-minded individuals at the events and wine dinners. 

Q: How does my work differ from others in its genre? 

A: In Singapore or in fact in many parts of the world, a household has only the parents and children (2 generations). In my case, my parents are staying with us , and Cayen also has doting godparents who will visit us frequently. As such, we have the unique experience of bringing up a child in a 3 generational & multi-dimensional environment under multiple and sometimes contradictory/ inconsistent  influences. This certainly brings Multiparenting to a whole new level. 

While this is a great support system, the challenges that come with it can be very real and that sets the backdrop for the various anecdotes to come. The most immediate outcome of this multiparenting environment is that Cayen is well versed in Hokkien, English and Chinese. His favourite and most frequent expression ... Mai! (that means "No!" in Hokkien). 

Q: Why do I write what I do? 

A: For parts on Cayen, I just wanna document the bits of his growing up process so he will have a great momento in time to come. For all other things, I just want to share the good wines and food recommendations, good finds in my life (bargains) or other useful tips (environmental stuff) with more people so more can benefit. 

Q: How does my writing process work? 

A: As a busy professional who insists on reading at least half an hour to cayen every night and occasionally helping my husband with the wine business, there is limited time. So most of the thoughts and concepts gets accumulated in the day and I write them on my bus or taxi ride back home. Otherwise, it will be the last thing I do during my ME time after Cayen goes to bed. 

Given the limited time I have, the literature I read nowadays tends to be off my Facebook feeds. I subscribe to mainly newsfeed from the following:


https://m.facebook.com/theonlinecitizen for alternative Singapore news 

https://m.facebook.com/leehsienloong for the leader's view 

Sgfreecycle group in Facebook : a group where people can give away things they no longer need and where those who need can get it for free. That's a great way to save the earth,    and help other people. 

Random parenting articles from huffpost.com:

Teaching 2 and 3 years old: an interesting  page that shares ideas on games for kids. While I may not have time to really follow all the tips but it certainly lends great inspiration. 

Lastly, I realise that my friend is a member of the Cat welfare society who helps to find a home for stray cats. That's a real worthy cause and please support if you can ! If you want to have a pet, try adopting instead ! By the way, 1 mama cat and 2 kittens still looking for a loving home! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)