Pokemon Exhibition at SEA museum

Given Cayen and his Ah Pa's obsession with Pokemon, naturally we had to be the first to visit the Pokemon exhibition inside the SEA aquarium when it opened two weeks ago. While it was interesting to see the various interactive exhibits , I was quite surprised the area was rather small. There's 8 stations in total plus a pokedex showing all the different Pokemons. And each person can only have a Pokeball (there's 3 different categories that one can choose from based on difficulty level). 

Using that one Pokeball, you will choose 4 out of the 8 stations to place the Pokemon and see the clues they give. End goal is to guess the Pokemon that resides within the ball. At the end of day, there's literally no prizes for guessing correct, just some satisfaction. 

I was glad that the game didn't involve any Pokemon gaming on the phone and involved mainly the booth interaction. Honestly I think it wasn't that exciting but since Cayen liked it, it was good enough for me. 

After visiting the small exhibition, we proceeded to visit the aquarium where there's different station where kids can earn some treats by playing the games like differentiating between poisonous and venomous creatures etc (much more educational!) Cayen was mightily pleased for all the sweet treats actually. He even gamingly touched the starfish and sea cucumber which I was happy for. Couldn't have imagined him touching them one year ago. 

After we went home that day, it suddenly dawned upon me that I could teach him some values using the concepts of powers. For instance, he can increase his powers like a Pokemon if he do these things to list a few ... 
- considerate power
- initiative power
- helpful power 

I took the chance to explain to him how he can earn these powers and when his powers will get reduced. He was quite taken. He actually started showing extraordinary good behaviour that night and for the next day.

Unfortunately before I could congratulate myself , the novelty had worn off by time of this post. Guess I didn't quite follow up with the affirmations from day 3 onwards but think I will find a way to make it more visual for him and restart it again. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)