Monsters

Since it’s Halloween today, it’s appropriate to have some stories on monsters. 

Cayson asked very seriously, “Ah Ma, is there monsters ?”
Me: No, no monsters. Not in our house. Who told you?
C: Ah Pa 
Me: No, no monsters. Did you see them?
C: No, outside. 
Me: Where?
C: Hiding. Monster hiding. 
Me: Oh no, there’s no monster. 
C: See ... there ! (Points to behind me? See!) 

I looked around and didn’t see anything. 

C: There!

I’m starting to get worried.

C: See the dog! 

Oh, I realise he’s pointing to the soft toy Eevee behind me. Phew!

C: Ah Ma, I hear sound. 

Me: huh? What sound? 

C: sound. Scoring . 

Me: No, I don’t hear anything. 

C: yes, there’s sound. Ah Yen scoring .., 

Me: Oh , you mean snoring ? No,  I don’t think so (Cayen is in another room ; no way he can hear him from here amongst this white noise)

Anyway, moral of the story. Don’t ever tell kids before that there’s monsters in the house or watch too much Youtube on monsters. Else, every day will be Halloween. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)