Birthday

It seemed like yesterday when I was sick on my birthday and had to miss all the dinners. This year, I decided to make up for all the lost time.

This year, though I took leave, there were quite a few calls I had to join so I was working half the time but I decided to make time for a haircut halftime and go for a good dinner thereafter.

Da arranged a well curated dinner at Da Luca despite his test the next day. While it was a little carbs heavy, I must say the risotto is one of the best I've had and the steak was very juicy and delicious too, I think most people would swoon over the cold pasta which the chef had generously lavished with Cavier at his initiative (though I would have much preferred the giant scallop) but I guess it's good to try something different for a change. Had a Brunello to top it all up.. 





On Saturday, went to NOX for a dining in the dark experience that I had wanted to try for a while. While I think the experience was very interesting and the food decent, my friends felt rather stressed during the whole experience where we had to eat a three course meal (4 small bowls each) in pitch dark. We even had to pour our own water in the dark. 

Not for those afraid of the dark but I would still recommend a try if you are adventurous. Just so you know, they hire visually impaired to help with the waitering so in a way, I think it's also a good way to support a good cause while you dine and wine. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)