31 months


I don't know where he picked it up from but he likes to say "errr" nowadays .. It's not the hesitant "errr" but the affirmative "errr" .. I.e. If you ask him if he wants this, he will say "errr!"

And this month , he continues to make many cheeky monkey faces and expressions. And he continues to create his own songs by fitting strange lyrics into regular tunes. The most gross one being .. 

"This is the way I 挖鼻sai , 挖鼻sai,挖鼻sai, all day long ... " Accompanied by action of digging his nose ! 

(To the tune of "this is the way")

Recently , I saw that he was crossing out all the pictures in his book and was wondering why. His reply would be "Disney 有这样”. Then I realised that in one of the Disney English episodes of Arts and Crafts (his favourite), they taught kids how to draw Mickey Mouse. To get the proportion right, they will draw a cross first before drawing Mickey . That explains why he was crossing everything ! And there's a song that goes "I don't know .. I don't know ..." And that explains why he is saying "I don't know" recently ... I was still quite concerned he's not thinking when we are asking him questions ..

To Disney English's defence, after repeating the episode for two weeks per instructions, he seems to be able to read most of the words introduced there like clay , paper, scissors, crayon etc. So I guess the cause is not completely lost .. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)