Midautumn celebration

Today is concert day in school. My first concern was whether he would willingly wear the jeans required for the concert as he doesn't like jeans. So I had prepared two pairs of jeans and a dark blue tights just in case. And thankfully he did. 

We sat down in the classroom and waited for concert to start. I tried to spot the handcrafted lion lantern that we made last week. I had bought a idiot proof DIY version where Cayen can peel the double sided tape and stick the parts on. 

When the first song began, I went forward to sit on the floor after I saw some parents do the same . I thought it would be a better position to take a video. Big Mistake ! 

When I did that, Cayen saw me and ran off the stage ! And the song started without him. 

This set the tone for the rest of the concert as he tried to run off for most of the segments (and there were 7 songs in total) and I had to transport him back. And he was distracted for most of it too. Reminder to self - don't sit so near ever again. 

Anyway, the irony is that one of the parents had a tripod and she filmed all the segments perfectly and shared with us thereafter. Anyway , my favourite segment is the hi-five song .. Ready or Not .. 

I think you're wonderful 
月亮船
月亮出来了
月亮代表我的心
Hello song 

And these were what he sang at home a few days back .. He had told me that he didn't quite know the Chinese songs (his Chinese and interest in Chinese is getting bad these days so I wasn't very surprised by this) because there were 7 songs. But teachers had mentioned that he knew the songs/moves but whether he would perform or not dependef on his mood.

Ready or not
I love you 
Hello!

After the concert, he was tired (or so he claimed) and we went home. But after lunch, I tried to get him to nap but was unsuccessful so brought him down to swim eventually . I was surprised he still could manage around 2-3 laps. 

Thereafter, we went for dinner and a little of lantern playing at Zhongshan park. However, he's not that hot on the traditional lantern(or maybe he's just tired). He ran around with Xavier and Ah Pa for a while before he looked really tired and I think he really was. He slept before we could reach home at 8.30pm. 

Well, I myself was so tired running around that I almost wanted to doze off during dinner. So I can imagine his fatigue after such a long and eventful day. Let's hope he sleeps well tonight. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)