Traits of a two year old to be

As he increases in his vocabulary, I am sensing an increased in his ability to carry a conversation and that includes making excuses . Here's some examples of what transpired in the last week. 

Usually he wants to have his way and walk on his own without us holding hands. Today, he wanted to be carried but we were all quite tired. So we asked him if he could walk. He said "no, cars!"

I looked up and indeed there were some cars in sight on the north bridge road but we were walking along the walkways of boat quay and those cars were so far away! Then it struck me that we always say there's cars, ah pa carry cayen. Hence, he probably feels that it's quite legitimate to quote cars as the reason to be carried! 

Next, recently we try to teach him spelling. So it's N O , NO. And Y E S YES for a start. So nowadays, when he don't want something, he will retort forcefully with a N O NO. And if we still insist, he will say "I don't want". And when he wants something and wants to act cute, he will say " I want I want". 

I don't know whom taught him but he is quite clear on the concept of not knowing. So sometimes when we ask him if he knows something, he will exclaim loudly with a " I don't know" (as opposed to saying what it was). 

And while he is clear on what is the concept of Hot, I think he gets a bit confused when it comes to spicy. He will say 辣辣 when it's actually just hot (烧). But to be fair, we have accidentally given him some hints of chilli in the past when we share spoons so we will still double check if he says it's 辣辣. 

But of course sometimes he gets it wrong too, though I'm not that sure if he's joking or genuinely getting mixed up. For instance, we will always try to get him to compete to go to bed first . So we say let's 比赛. He will then laugh and try to touch our nose and squeal pi3 sai4 (dialect for dried nose mucous) that sounds quite similar. Because he loves to kid around,  I'm not entirely sure if he finds it funny and is doing is on purpose. 

His longest sentence to date is 阿爸抱抱阿yen出去找阿婆 。

Thought I will just document all these down to record the stuff he's sprouting at his 23th month. 

Anyway, here's some pictures from the adoption fair at united square.. Nowadays, he's also getting cheekier. I told him not to block the animals when I'm taking the pictures and the more I say, the more he tries to block them ! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)