Touristy stuff in Singapore

A lot of people says Singapore is boring. Actually I don't think so .. The key is whether are you adventurous enough to explore every nook and corner. I find there the motivation is much higher now with Cayen around as we would somehow find the energy to do so despite how long or tough the week has been.

To start the day, we had wanted to have brunch. And due to my stubborn insistence to try something new (as life is short),  we landed at this Madame Pattiserie cafe at boat quay (courtesy of Ah Pa) that has very nice interior design and even a children area of toys. I really love the design but unfortunately as we didn't order much desserts, which were its signature, I didn't leave having a great rating on her other food. The burger was decent , the breakfast was alright but the spaghetti bolognaise left much to be desired. The strawberry cake was a little to sour for my liking.

Overall, it's an interesting place to hang out, service is very good, I may go there again to give the desserts a try but I think one can forget about the other food on the menu.

Next, we decided to take a walk down the river and visit the the Asian Civilisation Museum (ACM). Before we could even reach there, we saw a man with a snake, asking us to pose with him for photos. And daring Cayen gamingly stuck out his hand to feel the snake. I do hope this daredevil spirit remains with him as he grows up. 

Finally, we arrived at ACM and honestly, I don't recall the last time I went there to view any exhibits but we decided to bring Cayen there to expose him a little nonetheless. As usual, he started running around the musuem given the vast area and the parquet flooring. Only after some threatening (to leave), we managed to get him to stop running and very soon, he fell asleep.. And that's when we have a chance to slowly browse through the exhibits.

The irony is that as we were adjourning to a quiet area to take a rest, we chanced into the children area and that was fabulous. It had quirky arty stuff for children and even a maze for the kids to run in. I was confident that he would love this hidden paradise. 

He soon woke up from his nap and as expected, he started exploring and running around. And that was good as he exercised his motor skills and also his eyes as I asked him to spot all the animals camouflaged on the trees and walls. 

We also tried our hand at some of the art work paper there and it was quite fun though I must say I draw like a four year old.

Anyway, after one over hour in the room, we decided to adjourn for lunch at this Chongqing restaurant, the only one with a business at 2 plus pm. And I must say the food is really good. If you are into 烤鱼,do try it out.. It's pretty decent. And make sure you download wechat and post some pictures of the food there so you can enjoy 10 percent discount. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)