An especially naughty day

Recently he has been very mischievous , and today he was especially naughty. He poured the Ruyi oil all over the floor and he poured out the toilet cleaning powder and attempted to eat it. That's not to mention him hitting Grandma again despite repeated warnings and even caning. 

During bedtime, I decided to try a new tactic. I used his soft toys and seat them in a circle . I said they were his students and he's their teacher and he should teach him all the dos and don't. So I used the toys to ask him if he can pour oil and powder on the floor , what he needs to do when he's done with a meal and what steps he need to do in a bedtime routine. He got all the answers right and at least I know the theory is right. So I got all the animals to do these:
Step 1: drink milk
Step 2: drink water
Step 3: brush teeth with toothpaste n no youtube
Step 4: sleep 

Then , I said he's the last one and he should set a good example as a teacher. 

He looked very serious. He went to ask for milk and soon started drinking it in a very focused fashion (unlike his usual ways!) , then he drank his water without missing a beat. Then he went out to get his teeth brushed in a super cooperative way and with toothpaste which is very unlike him. Then, he came back and I told him to read two stories to the animals and he did. He read Maisy's first colours and Hungry Caterpillar to them and was very pleased with himself. I was also pleased that we didn't need to do 5-10 books as usual.

Then he laid all the animals down to bed and he also put himself into bed. 

I was so elated that this idea of mine was working so well - what a breakthrough.

However, within five minutes of my silent self congratulation , he opened his eyes and exclaimed that he woke up already ! 

I tried to say that the Sun's not up yet and get him to go back to sleep but nothing worked. Then, he went the usual way of looking for his Ah Pa to continue the many endless bedtime stories. And this was two hours ago (ard 10pm). He's still up now. 

Well, guess we can't expect him to change overnight but it looked so promising ! Will try again tomorrow.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)