Funny conversations during the Macau trip


(We were just chatting about something in general , then suddenly ... )
C: From now onwards, I will challenge you .. 
Me: ??!?
-----

I was trying to open a mineral water bottle ; but it was too tight so I passed it to my mum and asked her to help me open. C saw the scene and exclaimed, "next time it's very hard, you pass it to me, I help you open." Then he feigned a trying-very-hard look, and said , I will 'Eee Eee Eee' and I will open for you. "

I laughed. Looks like my boy has grown up. 

So after a while, when I was trying to open my next bottle, I handed it over to him. He tried to open but failed. So he handed back to me.
C: Ah Ma, help me.
Me: I thought you wanted to help me?
C: you help me open, I help you open .. Ok??
Me: ?!?
-----

Ah Pa was with C and were waiting for me and Ah Po to arrive.
Ah Pa: oh! I forgot something, it's in the hotel. 
C: ok, I will stand here (he shifted to a corner in the busy walkway of Studio City)  and wait for you to come back . 

How brave of him! But no, we ain't leaving you on your own. 
----

We tried to go to the playground but it was more suitable for big kids so we changed plans to watch a magic show instead. Cayen was thoroughly fascinated with all the acts and watched intently. It was quite interesting a setup as we first saw some card tricks in an interactive session, then moved to 2 separate mini studios for 2 acts by 2 magicians, followed by a finale in a bigger theatre. From card tricks, to dancing handkerchief, floating microphone, appearance of a Ferrari , vanishing acts - we saw it all. 

When we asked Cayen what he likes, he said Everything. But when we pressed for a favourite, he whispered ,"I like the Wa Wa .." 

We didn't quite get it. 

Then, after some probing, we realised he was talking about the backup dancers who also took part in some of the acts. He said they were pretty!! 

Boy, boy, you really start young. 

-----
We had a turbulent cruise back to Hong Kong. However, before the turbulence could get to us, Cayen had already vomitted due to his phlegmy cough and maybe a little of motion sickness? After we finally reached the hotel , I was pleasantly surprised to see that with the package came a complimentary Internet phone with data , that comes not just with tips for travelling in Hk but also free unlimited calls to selected countries including Singapore and Malaysia and Hong Kong. So we made a call back to Singapore so Cayen can speak to Ah Gong.

C: hello Ah Niao, Aki, Yoda (our cats). Hello Ah Gong. 

Ah Gong: when you come back?

C: erm, tomorrow. I want to eat ice cream. 

C: 阿公,刚才我吐. (And he had to repeat 5-6 times coz Ah Gong caught it as he was on speaker) 

Ah Gong: 为什么吐?

C: 我不懂 leh. 我又没有喝冰水,我还是吐。(his expression and gestures were comically adult) 

Whoa, he sure knows how to give the most relevant update. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)