1 against 3 - remedial actions

After I came home, I did a role play with him again ...

So I asked him to act out all the scenarios that I would narrate. 

Me: You were trying to cross but three boys are blocking you. What do you do?
C: find another way ?
Me: that's correct but is there some other way ?
C: say "excuse me?"
Me: what if they never hear you ?
C: "excuse me!"(he said louder) 
Me: what if they still don't let you cross ? 
C: then I crawl over ?? (Then he tried to crawl between my legs!) 
Me: ok, let's try again. What must you say ?
C: excuse me. 
Me: What do you want? 
C: Can you give me some space?
Me: why do you want some space?
C: I want to cross. 
Me: ok, let me make some space for you ......

Me: today you are looking at your friend's painting on the wall. Why did you tear it down?
C: because it's not nice.
Me: (I pointed to the magnet toy he just built) I don't like it , it's not nice. Can I tear it down?
C: no ..
Me: (I pointed to the drawing he hung on his hanger) I don't like your painting, can I tear it down ? 
C: no..
Ah gong: can I throw it away ?
C: no ! 
Me: then can you tear down your friend's art if you think it's not nice?
C: no .. 
.........
After these two illustration, I went on to cover all the common scenarios and made him enact the scenes and show what he should do ..ie mostly it involves keeping his hands to himself 

- not playing and wasting water in the toilet 
- not pulling and playing with toilet paper
- not playing with the fax machine
- not playing with the switches
- not peeing outside the bathroom / on the mat (he started doing these two days) 
- not throwing his straw out from his cup when he wanted a thicker straw 
- picking up his toys after play 

After this , I asked him to drink his milk. He suddenly climbed up the table top and snatched a packet of strawberry milk and wanted to drink that instead. I told him sternly that he better returned to me because he hadn't been a good boy today so he cannot have the strawberry milk.

He pleaded for a last chance. 

I told him last chance is over. He chose to give it up when he committed the misdeeds. His next chance to do better is tomorrow. If he still insisted on drinking the milk, I will keep away all the remaining packets and he will get nothing for the rest of week. 

He thought about it ..and he decided to return me the packet of milk. And he was quite cooperative to drink the usual drink, in fact he finished it at record speed. So I told him to brush his teeth and pee before going to bed which he obeyed readily. 

So I did a quick puppet show to drive home the point about not pushing and saying "excuse me" and not tearing down people's art. 

As I'm writing these..Ah Pa went through refresher again . 

Ah Pa: 复习,什么东西可以做,什么东西不可以做?
Cayen said all these in one breath .. 不可以...
- 打人
- 推人
- 咬人
- 拿剪刀剪人
- 去厕所拉tissue 

... He obviously knew the theory ..

Anyway Ah Pa went on to say more examples of things he can do and cannot do , before starting bedtime stories. 

Hopefully tomorrow is better. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)