High alert

Last year, when I heard loud helicopter sounds near my house, I started my own CSI investigation by texting my neighbours and I also called the police. I asked them to investigate what happened as the noise was ongoing for a while. Eventually, it turned out someone was sent to Tan Tock Seng hospital via helicopter but it was false alarm. Nonetheless, after the incident , I realise that most people would not act, they just heard the loud noise and went back to try sleep. 

I think I wrote to Facebook page of someone (maybe our prime minister or someone else) and suggested that there should be an easier way that citizens can report suspicious activities - somewhere central and can check or coordinate with various departments or intel based on the info received. Fast forward one year, finally I see the setup of SGsecure app. It's most probably not due to my one Facebook message or call to the police but this is a move in the right direction given the increased terrorism threats. Even a preschool teacher can harbour thoughts to join the Isis with her kid - it goes to show that no one is immune . 

So as citizens , what can we do ?

I think the first step is to download the app , that allows you to report suspicious activity , call or SMS to the police , get updated on latest security news. Next is to be vigilant and report oddities if we come across it.

The safety of our nation and our children is in our hands .. let's safeguard what matters. 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)