What is the meaning of marry ?

Today, he told me he wanted to marry his special friend again. So I asked him what is the meaning of marry ? And here's the whole exchange: 

C: after you marry, you have a baby. 

Me: so give me an example of who's married ?

C: you and ah pa! 

Me: ok .. then tell me who's my baby?

C: Cayson . You pop Cayson, 

Me: that's right. Then who pop you? 

C: Ah Po 

Me: huh??? You are not Ah Po's baby. What gave you that idea?

C: I thought one mummy can only have one baby. 

Me: No, both of you are my babies. You are big baby and Cayson is small baby. 

C: no, I am not a baby anymore. 

Me: ok, let's try this. So who's Ah Po's babies? 

C: hmm ..

Me: who calls her mama?

C: you!

Me: correct. Who else?

C: erm ... don't know

Me: let me give you a clue .. who comes every week? 

C: cleaning auntie !! 

Me: no !! Guess again. Who looks like me? Who calls Ah Po mama ?

And then he went on to guess 5-7 things including Ah Pa, 
Ah Gong, Nai Nai (奶奶)...and I got tired and I revealed the answer.

Me: it's Yiyi! 姨姨.. doesn't she look like me??

C: no ... 

Me: hmm ok, let's do this .. everyone is born because they have an Ah Pa and Ah Ma ... they marry and they give birth to babies ...

C: then how about the first ones??

Me: hmm.. that's a good question (actually I'm super stunned) But where did you learn this from? School?

C: no, I invent myself.. 

This is the point where Ah Pa chimed in and added to the questions :

Ah Pa: good question Cayen but it's tricky. Did the chicken come first or egg come first ?

C: chicken ! 

He hasn't got chance to explain why but Ah Pa tried to explain why it's a hard question. I suspect the night will be long as Ah Pa started with "accordingly to myths / legends .." I had to exit to care for baby but that's a profound question alright .. just like the infinity question. This little guy does surprise me so much with all his philosophical insights.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)