First day of school

The two brothers set off for school , new in a different way. For Cayen, it’s a whole new experience in a new setting whilst for Cayson, he’s returning to the old school compound after two weeks at a temp campus to a new classroom and new chinese teacher. 

On the way to school, Cayen suddenly asked me about this cloud in the sky, looking long and curvy (like a rainbow). I tried to explain that an airplane has flown past. He wouldn’t take it for an answer. “How could a plane go up and come down so quickly? It’s a curve, not a straight line.” That seemed valid so I started googling for some answers but to no avail. I suspect it’s really from a plane , and that’s a word for it .. “Contrail” or Condensation trail. Anyway, this conversation lasted all the way whilst we were in the car. First time he’s so awake in the morning after all these years. I take the questioning as a good sign of things to come in Primary school. 

For Cayen, we didn’t know much about what he went through as we were having our own parents’ briefing in the hall before meeting the teachers. So I asked him after school how it went. As usual, the answer was the usual curt “good!”. 

Undaunted, I went on my usual elaborate Q & A. 

Q: Tell me what funny thing happen? 
A: Oh I couldn’t reach the tap in the toilet ?
Q: Were you off by a lot or a little bit?
A: A lot but haha I went to the wrong toilet I think. 
Q: Oh , so there’s lower ones (relieved)

Q: What did you learn today?
A: Oh , there’s a point system, where you will calculate the total points in a week, from 75 up to thousands. For 10,000 points, you can have “no work day”. For 75, you can get presents already. For 100 (or did he say 1000?) points, you can play the computer. 
Q: Oh, so how do you earn it?
A: Don’t know. Teacher hasn’t told us. 
Q: Why?
A: I saw it on the wall on the way to the toilet. I want to get the computer one. 

Q: Tell me what scary thing happen?
A: The toilet has no lights inside. There’s only lights outside. 

Q: Tell me what happy thing happen? 
A: School ends early so I have more time to watch TV !

Q: Any sad thing happen? 
A: No! Oh yes.. you didn’t let me play iPhone. 
Me: .... 


I asked Cayson some questions too. 

Q:  You like school today?
A: Yes.
Q: What did you do ?
A: Eat Apple. Eat Chicken. Hmm ., what else ?
Q: Watermelon?
A: No, no watermelon. 
Q: Soup?
A: Yes, soup. 


Not bad for the start of 2019. Hope they continue to enjoy the rest of their school year! 
















Could only catch part of the curvy cloud .. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

A follow up post to the iHerb order