Baby ate the steroid cream !

Last night , I was out of the room for 30-sec to make milk for the last feed. He walk making some noise after 10 sec but suddenly became quiet after another 10 sec.

I went back to the room and to my horror, he was biting the cap of the steroid cream (for eczema) and a bit of cream was oozing out from the tube. I grabbed him to the toilet to rinse his mouth and also wiped his tongue with a cloth.

He seemed quite alright and continued drinking his milk. I appeared calm (so as not to scare him) but I was dead worried. Though I doubt he ate the cream but there was a chance he took some. So as usual , I googled all links and also messaged his godfather , a doctor, for some advice. Here's a summary from the links  : 

- if baby didn't eat too much it should be ok. 
- if baby ate too much, he might vomit or get diarrhea. 
- they say to call Poisons line (do we have that in Singapore?)

Anyway, signs to watch out for thereafter are as follow:
- vomiting 
- diarrhea 
- allergic reaction 
- skin changes 
- general malaise (general feeling of not being well or happy)

Anyway, major learning from this: no medicine within reach of baby (in this case cream was near his cot). It only takes a few seconds for accidents to happen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)