Like mother like son

That day I saw some pictures of Cayen playing with green beans in school. It didn't struck me that they were trying to get the kids to grow some sprouts.

After the sprouts came out, the teacher asked Cayen to bring home to show us. He immediately rejected. He didn't like it much. After much cajoling , he brought it home with him.

When he came home, we asked if he liked the ”dao gei" (beansprout in Hokkien) , he promptly said "菜mai" (Vegetable, no!) . 

While I was lamenting how he really dislikes vegetables or anything that resembles it, my mum couldn't resist gibing that I don't even eat beansprouts and am so picky when it comes to vegetabless , so what should I expect from my son..

Sigh .. Sometimes I wonder why he only takes after my shortcomings. 

Anyway, thankfully at least he's into corn .. In fact he's super into corn. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)