Parenting mishaps

With Cayen's growing up, I had initially thought that our days of parenting mishaps are over ... 

Yesterday, we were out at the diaper changing station and was changing Cayen using the pull up pants. 

As we pulled off his existing pants, suddenly he started to pee! (This was an effect of recent toilet training efforts I think, as we try to get him to pee standing up, just before bathing). And before I know it, it was all over his shoes and floor. For 2 seconds, I was a little stone as every misstep might mean more pee all over our clothes and shoes. Thankfully, we were out very early so we were the only ones in the room. It took us quite a while to clean up the floor and clean him up. 

It reminded me of our mishap in a Perth toilet where I spilled his diaper and pebbles of shit rolled all over the unisex toilet of a fine dining restaurant .. 

Then, today, as after we changed his diaper, I still smelled a foul smell. Enroute to the bathroom to clean up a little more, we saw that a side of his thigh was smeared with shit! That explained the lingering stench .. 

And I had thought those days were over ... 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)