Fourth day of school

As usual, he looked so chirpy at home. He even fetched Cayen's shoes for him before wearing his own and carrying his big bag. But once he reached the temperature checking point, he started crying again. 

Hence, last night, I googled for the tips of reducing separation anxiety , and like the usual good student with a biase for action, I tried out the new technique today, where I didn't sneak out when he's not looking, instead I said my goodbyes and told him that we will be back for him later on.

Midday update from teacher was positive . Today he has spent less time crying as he have had a hearty lunch and he was in a good mood. Also, the teacher realised that when he was asked to throw rubbish into the bin, he enjoyed the task and forgot to cry. 

Though he couldn't nap even with Cayen's help, he was feeling better today and he didn't need to be picked up earlier. I was so touched ! Let's hope the weekend would not spoil this good momentum . 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)