First play - how to catch a star


Given that Cayen likes stars, (though not as much as the moon and cloud), I thought it's quite opportune to catch the children's play "How to catch a star" that's showing today. While I didn't win the lucky draw for free tickets, I got a 20% discount for participating in their Facebook competition.

The play was quite interesting for the kids as these interaction with the actors on stage as the kids will be asked to help "blow" the boat away, or say "where is the star" etc. Cayen stared the whole way (which is much better than a movie where he would start squirming very shortly) and also smiled a few times. I think the play is quite good for those three and above though the younger ones can certainly start to nurture their interest in the arts ..

Next, we met family for lucky at Mohammed Sultan for some Cantonese fare. Unfortunately, once again, we managed to pick a restaurant that's now closed. So we had to adjourn to the restaurant opposite for some dim sum / teochew fare. We ordered a lot of dishes for 6 adults and 1 baby but the bill was only $120. This must be the cheapest lunch we have had in a restaurant for the variety of food . I mean it's not exceptional fare but decent enough. 

What contributed to the low prices and overall value are :
- 40% discount off all dim sum 
- $1 to get a chicken with minimum spend of $50. 

Service was also good and the place was not too crowded at 12pm. A good place for an affordable lunch with a good variety of dishes. They also have private room for two tables. 

After lunch, Cayen concussed and I took the chance to do some spring cleaning of mail that had accumulated. I decided to activate the complimentary 12 month premium version of Evernote since I had a starhub post paid mobile line. Hence, instead of keeping so much paper from insurance premium letters to warranty card and statements, I now scanned them to Evernote and tag them accordingly. Also, tried to change some subscriptions to e statement to reduce waste and junk at source. Felt very productive.

Also, as I scrutinised my bills, I realised some changes to the card rewards structure for maybank . Now minimum spending of $500 is required before we can qualify for the 5% rebate off Ntuc and other selected merchants. So time to consolidate spend under one main card holder instead or two. anz card also required some follow up as I had a transaction in dispute and for some reason, I had an unexplained late charge and finance charge though I paid in full last month. Called in and realised to my great surprise that their call centre can't see the case once I have an overdue status so I can't resolve the case and needs to work for someone to call me. 

Key sharing: 
- cards rewards change from time to time so always read your statement. 
- the rewards can be the best in market but Customer will still walk if the service sucks.

Anyway, after I sort out my card payments, Cayen woke up and we decided to bring him swimming. Then, we stole out for a much needed massage and I am typing this now. A very fulfilling weekend and I'm looking forward to Labour's Day soon!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)