Second day of school

Yesterday we triggered the crying at 10+ am (when he spotted us peeping through the window) so we decided to lay low and be extra careful when peeping today. 

Unfortunately , it didn't quite work and still he was crying at 10+ am. Not sure why but he must be missing familiar faces once he has had enough games. Or perhaps he started thinking of us after his morning snack.

Honestly, it is so painful to hear his inconsolable crying for such a long while. I almost felt like crying too. But for his own good, we gotta leave him alone and have him get used to being independent and very importantly , learning not to cry if he doesn't get his way, and to learn social skills. 

Despite our efforts, he was crying non stop and I had to step in at the teacher's request at 11plus am. Oh, did I mention he also scratched some kids and also re teacher today.

My learning for the day 

- it is no mean feat being a pre school teacher. I think I would have lost my sanity after one week . It takes a lot of patience to be in that role so as parents, let's give the teacher a break. If you can't teach them discipline at home, don't expect that from them. Let's get the expectation right. 

- I am actually the weakest link. Felt so bad to see Cayen crying so hard and I can't step in. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)