30 months

This picture shows a visit to the doctor the day after he's 30 months. At 30 months, he has picked up the habits of creating his own lyrics using regular tunes and likes to sing song his sentences. At 30 months, he also likes the concept of Surprises , all thanks to the very powerful Kinder Surprise videos on YouTube. Conversations this month include :

Ah Pa: drink your milk milk so you will grow up , like adults
Cayen : like Ah Pa, Ah Ma, Ah Gong, Ah Po, Godma, Uncle G?
Ah Pa: yes , grow up like them
Cayen : I don't want to grow up , i want to be Ah Pa Ah Ma 's 小  baby ..

Ah ... So sweet .. Ah Pa decided to put away the milk. Not sure it's truly from his heart or it's an attempt to escape the milk feed but that was pretty heartwarming.

Anyway, this has been a hectic month as we were trying to sign off some critical FRs for a system project and we also have folks from other countries fly in for this. 

And as luck would have it, Cayen fell sick last Friday with a fever , which translated to a bad cough and flu this week. Incidentally , my mum had taken her first annual leave in the last two year to go on a trip with her friends and that starts today.

Hence, from today onwards, I need to do what normal parents do, like prep Cayen for school and drop him off, and that would mean that I can't be in office by 7.30am as per normal. And I had taken some time off for this week to do so but given the project timings, it looks like that will be a challenge to be able to go off early. 

So the head ahead is going to be a unique week , and I suspect a uniquely long and tiring one. Fingers crossed. 

Anyway, over the weekend , in order for some bonding time and not to waste the yeast that's going to expire soon, Cayen and I made our first ever bread since I only have yeast, plain flour, salt, sugar and eggs at home and I wasn't intending to go out to buy more. So I tried to find recipes that only require these ingredients. I couldn't even bake a cake as my baking soda has expired for two years and I don't even have milk.

Tried to make a bunny bread but given that the consistency didn't look right, we simply made a blob of bread with no design. 

Conclusion, it was an interesting experience but given the long process and the bread looked very ordinary, I suspect I will simply buy bread in future if not for engaging Cayen. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)