Guilt Treat

Ah Pa and Ah Ma have been very busy with work of late and are not able to spend much Time with Cayen in the evenings.

Today , this episode happened.

Cayen was hitting the stacking eggs against the glass table when ah Pa came home, so Ah Pa scolded him loudly.

Then Ah Pa spoke to him abt 1 min later. Cayen simply looked down without answering. 

Ah Pa : Did u hear ah Pa talking to u (and Ah Pa moved next to him)

Then ah Pa saw that Cayen had 3 eggs between his legs ...

Cayen : 1 ah Pa egg, 1 ah Ma egg n 1 ah Yen egg..

Then came the killer sentence..

Cayen : "我等你回家好久、你為什麼生我的氣" (I have waited so long for you to come home, why are you angry with me?) 、all while staring at the eggs. 

Guilt ridden to the maximum, Ah Pa brought Cayen to Macdonalds for a treat. 

Ah Ma could only feel sheer guilt while reading the message from office as she's still there trying to close up her work.  

And When Ah Ma finally rushed home, Cayen said in his usual fashion (in the last few weeks) , 我不要阿妈, and he proceeded to kick me. 

I asked him why . Was it because I would discipline / scold/ cane him when he's naughty? He said no. 

Was it because I always come home late and am not around? He said yes. 

My world crashed and my heart sank. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)