Toilet training

We have started to toilet train Cayen at home. However, while he is able to pee when prompted, getting him to communicate his desire in advance has not been wildly successful as yet.

Yesterday, the diapers in school ran out so the teachers decided to let him try without diapers since they have been toilet training the kids. To this, Cayen said "没有穿裤子,很奇怪” 

So teacher asked me to get ready some briefs so he can have something to wear and so I did. He was ok in school, and when teacher led him to the toilet, he even independently made his way to the toilet cubicle and to my Shock, he climbed onto the toilet bowl .. Imagine climb, squat and slide down .. All so that he could sit down properly (since he wasn't tall enough to just sit onto it.)

I saw the episode and thought it quite dangerous. He could easily fall into the toilet bowl - I wonder why the teachers would teach him to pee like that. Then I realised after chatting with the teachers that he was taught to pee standing up but he somehow managed to figure out how to sit on it and pee despite his height limitations. Reflecting back, perhaps he was trying to mimic how I would let him pee at home, where I would just Put him on the toilet bowl to avoid dirtying himself when peeing.

Today he went without diapers again but he peed in his pants as he couldn't wait till the teacher finished her story and he didn't say. 

I wonder how long it would take for him to learn. 

Anyway video was not good as I thought I was taking a photo.


Anyway, this is his idea of "Enjoy" .. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)