Sleep routines

His sleep routines used to 1-1.5 hours long. He would have his supper and come in 9pm. We would try to have him sleep by 10pm but sometimes it would drag to 10.30pm. 

Recently in the last 2 weeks, the routine changed a little. I allowed him to come sleep on my bed as I was wondering if his constant coughing/phlegm was due to him sleeping on the mattress on the floor near the clothes. 

Then, I tried to bring him down to the pool to swim, cycle or play after school for another 30-45minutes to further burn his energy. 

Also, we would start his routine at 8-8.30pm before his supper. He would come out at 9-9.30pm in between but that's still fine. 

Then, I let him help me turn on the humidifier / night light. And I turned off the other usual bedside light and made the room a lot darker.

Lastly, I would ask him to go sleep after 3 books after his supper. Even though I could see that he couldn't really get to sleep, as he was changing positions every 30 seconds, I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep so he would try his best to sleep too. 

Results of the above is that he has been sleeping at 9.30pm, latest by 10pm every day. And this is great as he and us can have a better rest. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)