Prelude to Legoland

For a lazy Sunday morning, I decided to let Cayen take the lead in packing for his short trip.

Me: how much clothes we should pack. 
C: (Without hesitation) :4! Because we are going for 4 days. 4 shirts, 4 shorts and 4 underwear. 
(Pause)
And oh, 1 set of pyjamas too! 

Whoa, I don't even recall when I said we are going for four days. Anyway, he proceeded to pack clothes and pyjamas. He pretty much got the count right , he only forgot about the swimwear. And I reminded him to pack some extra change of clothes and pyjamas in case he dirties them. 

Next, I asked him to help me fold the clothes before packing and he obliged so readily. He was very methodical in his approach. So I can't help but ask. 

Me: whoa, you fold so well. Who taught you ? Teachers in school?
C: No, YouTube. I watch on YouTube , they teach us folding. So don't need to go to school , just watch YouTube can already. 

He said it so matter of factly. Can't help be amused by how he thinks YouTube teaches more things than school. Maybe cox he gets very little screen time nowadays. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)