Top of his boring list

I went through an exercise with Cayen when I asked him to list down what activities he finds boring and interesting. Idea of the activity is to identify those items and discuss how we can make those activities more interesting so they can focus longer.

First thing on his boring list is "Sleeping" , and naturally his suggestion to deal with it is to "wake up". * Gasps* 

While I already guessed that this item will come up on his list, since he will tell us every other night that he "can't sleep" and it's boring, it still amazes me that he feels so strongly about it. Nonetheless, I think I can't blame him, because I recall that as a kid, I hate afternoon naps too as I think it's a waste of time. Power of genes. 

Anyway, because it takes so much book reading to get him to sleep, I usually try to skive by telling him my own made up stories instead, using random themes. 

So yesterday I decided to tell him story of Rupert the cockroach getting introduced to the flavours of ice creams by his mama. As I was saying the usual flavours like Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry , other fruit flavours etc, he started to throw in his own like pie ice cream , pancake ice cream and some other weird food flavours .  

I asked him what's a pie ice cream.  

He said matter of factly, "you just use a pie, put in some cream , stir, put some ice cream, put a cherry on top and then you get a pie ice cream. Easy! Done!  " Haha, my Jamie Oliver in the making . 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)