Taipei - Day 1





Started the day with a slight mishap as I had brought all my favourite credit cards, except the one used to make one of my air ticket purchase. This caused a 15min delay at the check in counter, and I singlehandedly caused a traffic jam. The only silver lining was that I managed to get the last stray seat together with the other three bassinet seats.

Arrived to our hotel at Charming City hotel and was rather surprised at the state of the hotel . It was a rather rushed booking so I simply checked out the Agoda rating for that area and I was under the impression it's some kind of boutique hotel that's got high reviews. Was very shocked to see that it's not. Design is very 80s , and quite far from boutique . Room is clean but very basic but I noted that Cayen liked the playpen /bed. I could hear the sound of pipes at night. 

Had dinner at 無老鍋, which had 養身湯底..which is supposedly very healthy and tasty .. I gave Cayen some rice with those soup and he wolfed it all up. I think Da is very glad that he has a hotpot khaki now. I'm not usually a fan of hotpot and I didn't remember it being that good but it was very good .. Even more so in the cold weather. 

Thereafter, we went to visit da's father' s mother and also 通化街夜市. And returned to hotel rather early as we were all quite tired. Day ended much later as Cayen was very awake after we bathed him (after he pooped!) and dressed him all over again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)