Taipei - Day 4


Last day in Taipei City and we packed our luggage and headed towards Beitou , the nearest hotspring area. Was excited to reach the relatively new Forte Beitou Hot Spring resort as my legs were killing me and I was looking forward to the private steam room and hot spring bathtub in our room (all under 200sgd!) and it didn't disappoint (except for the slow drainage at the sink). I think it's an awesome family hangout place as a couple can take turns to enjoy the hot spring while tending to the baby. It's also very relaxing as compared to Taipei city as there's loads of nature ..

I like the cot too , at least before Cayen successfully managed to open the gate to my horror. While the door was not properly secured at the bottom, I witnessed how Cayen figured out how to undo the top. While I was impressed , I was also equally horrified. He really was a great meddler...

Before lunch, we went to the local day market that was selling lots of fruits and vegetables. They looked so fresh - even I was impressed.

For lunch , we found this authentic 24 hours eatery to sample more local delights before eating the sweet pineapple we bought from the market. Then Da and me continued a second round of eating in another shop to squeeze in some dumpling in beef soup. 

Took the afternoon to enjoy the hot spring soak before we decided to venture our to Shilin Night market to do some last minute shopping before going home the next day. Once again, I was fascinated by Cayen's clear preference for the duck  vs angry bird design  on the shoes we short listed for him. We asked him 5 times and he did not waver in his choice!

Also, with his puppy eyes, he managed to 骗 a little soft toy souvenir from one of the customers who didn't get the big prize and decided to give Cayen the small prize instead. I recalled how he managed to secure two bucks at the market that time, I think he really knew how to charm his way to these privileges ...hope this means he can be self sufficient very soon .. Haha.

Had dinner at this zi char place in Shilin market and also took the chance to try the 药炖排骨 that we associate with what 月霞阿姨 sells in the Taiwanese sitcom 夜市人生 .. Was interesting but I think I prefer Ba Ku Teh anytime. 

Went back to the hotel with jelly legs but Da walked out to the Beitou night market for more food. Bought back these fabulous dry noodles that had since made its way to my belly. Supper is evil. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)