Teeth and plasters

Today, I was surprised to see that Cayen had scratched the back of his hand till it bled. He had a lingering eczema patch there which emerged when he was taken sick earlier and hadn't fully gone away since then. 

In order to stop him from scratching, I pasted a plaster on the raw spot but he kept pulling it off. So I resorted to drawing some of his favourites prints to help him keep it on . He appeared to like it ! And even after the plaster was removed, he still asked me to draw on his hand.

We then went to my nanny' grandson place for his housewarming. Was concerned to hear that Qi had 5-6 decayed teeth and required filling that cost around 2000 plus if she went for private dentist that would use general anesthesia so as to do the filling in one go instead of waiting for the public one that doesn't offer that so it means she needs to go through 5-6 times to get the filling done. The family is not rich so the private dentist would cost them one month's salary .. But the little girl is very afraid of loud noises so I'm quite perplexed as to how it could be resolved without general anesthesia. 

Key learning : Take care of your baby's teeth when young. Decayed teeth can affect a toddler as young as three. So, remember to switch to a cup after the tolddler is around one plus year old instead of the milk bottle. Else, please brush teeth after drinking milk. 

Also, avoid introducing too much sweets into the baby's diet. This will really increase dramatically the chances of decayed teeth. ( I myself went through it when young so do take my word for it!) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)