Weakest link

I have always believed in conditioning , especially for pets and babies. Hence, my standards and expectations are always very high, especially after I read all those article about parenting. I will also get very irritated If my parents cave in to Cayen's demands whenever he makes a din as this will only condition him to make a big fuss till he gets his way.

Nonetheless , after a long day at work , with the need to continue OT at home, and after seeing a bump on Cayen's head, all logic and reason disappeared when I heard him crying out his lungs in the bedroom when he was supposed to sleep. Naturally , I went into the bedroom to try to help Da who's trying to soothe him but of course that made him only cry louder as he knew I may be the ticket out of the room.

I tried to soothe him , but to no avail of course as I wasn't heading out of the room. And before long, grandmother came in too. This time, he got his way. He managed to prolong his awake time by another ten minutes.

Da was exasperated and I was declared the weakest link. 

Well, as of today,  I realise how hard it is for one's actions to be consistent with one's own beliefs all the time, let alone multiparenting. Sigh. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)