Be an Activist today

Last week, when I was in the toilet, I saw the cleaning auntie use the toilet napkins to wipe the wet sink. 

I asked her why she did it (I know it's laziness) and she muttered some excuses. Then I told her that it's not environmentally friendly, and asked her if she had a cloth. She said she did. And then she tried to explain that she had to pull out some pieces of napkins from the dispenser so it's not so full and be jammed. 

Yesterday, I went to the toilet again. And saw her using the napkins to wipe the area around the sink again. I immediately asked her why she was doing it again, why don't use a cloth? I reiterated to her that it's not environmentally friendly. She then promptly tried to wipe the floor and said it's dirty. 

Why I feel so strongly about this is because these are not the only times I have seen it. When I was at Fullterton Bay hotel last month, the toilet cleaning auntie did exactly the same thing, only worse. She unrolled about a quarter of a roll at a time and wiped water off the sink area . I wanted to intervene but didn't have time so I went home to send email to hotel. 

Even if it's not our money, it's the earth's resources that we consuming. It's very terrible and bad for the environment if we allow wastage like this to continue. So I encourage you to voice out if you see any such incidents or if you see a friend use 2-3 pieces of paper to wipe their hands. Honestly, if we wipe slowly, one piece is more than enough. 

Let's leave a bit of green legacy for our kids and grandkids. It would be very sad if they need to see trees in a museum in future because they are all extinct. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)