Day 17 - 19 - end of episode (hopefully)

Day 17 - Mon
Decided to call her Handphone again. Someone picked up but they didn't seem to understand me. No reply to message.

Day 18 - Tue 
I called agency and asked her if I should cancel the work permit. She advised me to wait as she just had a helper who got stranded in Philippines due to typhoon and flight cancellation that day. But my helper supposed to be back last Thursday. Then again,  I wondered if it's due to the earthquake last Wednesday , but phone has ringtone and people picked up. 

By night , I went to her room to check what she left behind. Still some home clothes left but not much. Also, I noticed the few $2 notes that's part of a fengshui display on a shelf in her room is no longer there - I had left it there earlier as litmus test of honesty.  I guessed she's not coming back. 

Day 19 - Wed
Worked till 11pm. Very tired. 

Day 20 - Thurs
Called agency again. Local agency managed to track her down via Facebook. She said she's not coming back. 

I'm going to cancel work permit and file a complaint with MoM. From what I understand, filing a complaint doesn't bar her from Singapore going forward but future employers can ask to speak to me for feedback. 

While we are prepared for her not to come back when we let her go ahead of time, given the good treatment we had given to her all these while, we were expecting a bit of decency from her at least to communicate properly instead of just vanishing in thin air. 

Anyway, as I went online to do the admin stuff, i was impressed by how simple everything was. Kudos to CPF and MoM. Many details are prepopulated after my singpass login, it only took me around 5 fields to apply for waiver of levy for the time she's on home leave, and around 4-5 clicks to cancel her work permit. All done in 5 minutes. 

Now, I still need to cancel the phone line that I have helped her to secure and pay pre term fee. Thankfully it's just a one year plan that has half lapsed and pre term fees are not high. 

As I have family support, life is still manageable but just a major annoyance and hassle. Won't be getting a replacement soon. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)