Mystery of the water

It was start of July - the month where water will now cost 30% more. So when I passed by the pantry , I made sam talk with the pantry auntie as she was having the water run on full blast. 

Me: Auntie you know right, the water price has increased by 30% already,
Auntie: is it ? Oh , but I must use a lot of water one.
Me: why? 
Auntie: Cox I washed the cups using Jif , so must wash until very clean : 
Me: Jif? The one I used to scrub the basin ?? And wash the toilet floors?
Auntie: yea , the Jif . Then I can remove all the coffee cup stains?
Me: why can't you use Mama lemon ? Jif is used for washing cups ?? (* oh my god * )
Auntie: Yeah, only Jif can remove the stain , so I mix some inside. Don't worry, I have been doing this for ten over years 
. Anyway, the procurement system can only buy certain things. 
Me: (Gasp!) But I think it's too strong? Since people use it to wash the basin ? 
Auntie: Anyway, don't worry, that's why I use a lot of water to wash until it's clean. 

Sensing that I could not convince her, I decided to go back and google for solutions to remove coffee stains. Baking soda and salt came back.

Then, something struck me! 

Last year when I was pregnant, I kept smelling this weird smell in my water / cup , so I launched an investigation with the pantry auntie on what were the potential reasons. She suggested it could be the water filter (since it's 5 years) and I suspected my mug and my water container, so I replaced them. But still the smell occasionally returned. 

Connecting the dots, I think my keen nose had picked up the smell of Jif perhaps ! Goodness, hope I didn't consume any! 

Question : is it safe to use Jif to wash our mugs? is that remnant smell ok?? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)