9th day of school

Friday morning marks his 9th day in school. He's now very wary of papa and grandma stealing away when he's not looking. Hence, he did cry a little when he discovered they scooted. However, after he took a nap of 30 minutes, he was apparently chirpy and good for the rest of time till school ended. What a breakthrough!

At night, I was pleasantly surprised that the school updated down his activities in school in a notebook ie whether he ate breakfast, pooped, snacked and lunched. However , I also noted two updates were wrong so I highly doubt if they really paid attention. For instance, he missed his lunch when the van broke down but it was checked. That day we knew from the teacher he pooped but it was just recorded as change of diapers. 

Apart from the notebook, he was also loaned two books from the school. Apparently parents have to try to read to the kids every day to entrench a good reading habit so I suppose this is only the start. I was surprised to find that one book was pictures only so I had to think of things to say (reminds me of oral exam when I was in Primary school). But thought the themes were quite good as one was on school and the other on lunch so he could relate to them quite well since school is mainly food and play. Good that they have this reading scheme going on, so I don't have to keep buying new books.

Also, 干爹干妈 went to Bangkok and bought Cayen and Papa matching shirts ..can't wait to try them on ! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)