Labour Day

I used to visit Bishan park more often when I was staying in the north but it has since been ten years since I last visited. So it was quite nice to be able to revisit after so long.

We went with our friends/neighbours to Grub for breakfast. Surprisingly, carpark was already full when we reached. Also, cafe only opened at 9am so we had to wait a bit. 

We ordered a chicken sandwich and a chilli hotdog (think A&W). Food was good (at least the ones we selected). Service was overall good as well though there were some orders that got missed out and others that didn't come so quickly. Nonetheless , the service/ attitude of the waitress was good hence, it kind of compensated for the former. For instance, I ordered the extra egg on the side without realising it will be fried instead of scrambled but she replaced for me at no extra charge. Also, when they gave us an extra fried egg, it was also free.

Also, they had a bunch if balloons which were rather popular with the kids. cayen saw it the moment he entered. 

The place had good natural lighting and was surrounded by greenery in the park. A lovely place to have breakfast . No wonder it was full house for the two hours that we were there. 

Thereafter, we took the kids around and looked at dragonflies, mudskippers, ants,  mimosa and la lang. Really reminds me of my primary school days where we would marvel at all these things and explore nature a bit more. It was a super enjoyable morning and I wish I can do more of this with Cayen so he can have a proper childhood (instead of one spent largely in aircon malls). I think he can learn much more observing things in nature and have fun in the process. 

In the afternoon, we went home and took Cayen for a swim. There were quite a lot of babies in the pool by 4.30pm and I took the chance to know one new neighbour who's bring her 7mth old boy to have a soak. I think my building actually housed many families/children and actually I do feel that it's like a kampong here as neighbours are generally very friendly. Irony is that the really friendly ones are usually the expats where they would always greet you when you enter or exit the lift. The locals, including me, will not usually smile proactively. But now that I have experienced how nice a friendly environment is, I now try to make an effort to smile more in the lift. It just makes everything better.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)