Mother's Day weekend

Saturday:

Brought my mum to watch the local movie production 我是孝子 , Filial Piety as I thought it is quite apt for a Mother's Day weekend. 

We caught the 1st movie at GV Plaza Singapura at 12.05pm and strangely the theatre was rather empty, only 12-13 seats occupied. Maybe it was too early and too near lunch time. Nonetheless, the show started off as a gameshow where contestants would compete to who is the most filial, winner would take home $1 million dollars. To be honest, I didn't really like the gameshow format as it was not very natural and overall the pace was a bit slow for the first 30-45 minutes. However, I found myself sitting up and watching very intently as the plot deepens. Thought Ann Kok and Christopher Lee's acting were quite convincing. At the final stage, I find myself so touched that I couldn't help tearing a little. I think my mum did as well. Her review of the movie was that " wah, a lot of hokkien hor, not bad not bad". 

So overall, I would say that all of us (including Cayen) enjoyed the show and we wondered why the theatre was not full house. Da suggested that while the show was very enjoyable and timely for a Mother's Day celebration, it might be a bit awkward for some people to bring their parents to watch, especially if they have not been exactly very filial. Well, that might be true. Anyway, I think it's a good show to bring your parents to watch so do so if you haven't. 






Anyway, after the show, we decided to go check out the new Orchard Gateway that links 313 to Orchard Central. We passed by the Sony shop and checked out the rather cool 3D interactivity game with the huge TV. It was quite fun! See the videos below. 


We returned home after an unsatisfactory smashed chicken dinner to find that Cayen had a present from Ah Pa ! A set of limited edition Hello Kitty collectibles. He was super excited and the rest of the night was spent stacking , arranging and rearranging those boxes!






Sunday: 

After brunch & some shopping with godparents Winnie and Tat, we met my sister and all for a family meal at Spring Court Restaurant in Upper Cross Street Chinatown. The whole place was packed and rather chaotic. I suspect they could have cut down 90% of the confusion and inefficiency by simply having table numbering (duh!). Anyway, while food is good, I don't suggest this place on special occasions until they sort out their queuing and numbering system. Weather was very hot so we retreated home shortly after lunch. 

Anyway, back to Mother's Day. The good thing about pre school is that they would get the kids to prepare some special cards for special occasions. So in this case, I got a "surprise" mother day's card from Cayen!



Well, to be fair, I think the teachers/school was heavily involved in the preparation and Cayen mainly coloured the flower and the leaves. Nonetheless,  it was a valiant attempt and I certainly look forward to many more cards in future! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)