Girls' night out


For those who know me, I used to eat out and hang out a lot before Cayen was born. For those who know me from way back, they might even recall a time where I could party till 4am and wake up at 8am for a swim.

However, since Cayen was born, dining and wining was limited mainly to Stellez Vine events  as I already feel quite guilty that I only get to spend so little time with Cayen during week days i.e. 1-2 hours per day. Nonetheless, as he is growing up steadily, I think it's also high time to resume the occasional Girls' night out so that we can continue to stay young and feel young.

So on Monday night, I hung out with the Shuz at Catalunya, a place I have always wanted to try for the longest time. I loved my first cocktail - Stairway to Heaven where I need to first sniff from this dry ice concoction before sipping the cocktail. We had a few tapas which were all very delicious and very fine (small portions). We tried a few mains like the lobster rice, some mussels and some tapas portion of the suckling pig (thankfully we didn't order the whole pig) because the slow pace of consuming the tapas through the night meant that we were very full by ten pm. 

Ambience was great but service was a little haphazard as there wasn't many staff to go around. So getting attention was difficult. Also, I think the seating planning manager could have done a better job to secure me my seat when I had expressly told her on my intention to queue for the 2nd seating as it was full house for the first.  

Overall, it's a great place with great cocktails, scenery and tapas but prices are high and portions are small. Recommended for special occasions. 































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)