Remedial actions

After the incident yesterday, I decided to ask him to make a card for Jayden and give him a snack. Cayen gave the card but he couldn't bear giving him the two Nougats, and he gave one instead. 

Also, last time I bought and finished A book "setting limits for a strong willed child", I guess some self help is needed now. I will summarise the findings over the next few days. But in a nutshell, words doesn't mean much unless it's matched by actions. This is because strong willed kids will learn by aggressively testing limits. 

Anyway , update from teacher was relatively good today. 

"Hi Daddy, good pm. He is quite in a good mood today, so jolly and happy. Quite energetic because he was up and about, moving and running around the music room during music time. On our way back to class after music, he opened the waterhose and let the water flowing. He was already reprimanded before (it's been a while) not to open or play with the waterhose but I guess he has forgotten. So I let him explain to the cleaner Aunty and he apologised a lot and promise not to do it again else he will have to face Aunty again and this time Aunty might already call the policeman. He is not scared of us but he seems to be scared of the Aunty so I might try to do this when he misbehaves. He drew on the table too so I asked him to clean it up which he happily do so (supposed to be a punishment but he was gladly enjoying cleaning it)." 

While it's not a perfect day, but compared to yesterday, this almost feels perfect. 

And I'm glad to hear that he has resumed interest in his music lessons. It was not quite like that on Monday after his legoland trip where he refused to participate. When I asked him why, he said, "I don't love the song! " well, that's a strong willed kid for you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)