Taking it literally

I tried to counsel him over the weekend to make more new friends in school. I figured that will help to reduce conflicts as he's very nice to those whom he deems are his friends.

When we checked on his teacher on Mon day end, we learnt that it was not a bad day as teacher made him sit beside her the whole time to avoid him doing his own things instead of following the class activities. 

He wanted to play with this classmate (not one of the usual clique) but this classmate was not ready to play with him , so Cayen grabbed classmate on the arm and tried to drag him to the table to sit with him. 

Teacher had to tell him that he can ask nicely and he doesn't need to pull his friends because it will be painful. If his classmate  is not yet ready to play with him, then maybe he can ask another friend. 

Well, I guess he took my advice to "make new friends" too literally. But guess he's making an effort but with a bit of fine tuning , I think it can still work. 

Anyway, I also found from his bag this piece of card from his classmate whose bag was peed on. I read out the card to Cayen .. "We are still friends". Cayen innocently asked me "why still?" 


I guess he still doesn't quite realise that he could have had one friend less. Nonetheless, it was a lighthearted moment in the seriousness of everything. 
And I'm grateful that Cayden's parents were very understanding about the whole thing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)