Sharing

After sharing his Easter bunnies in school, Cayen has been showing greater ability to share , at least over the past two days. 

He got two minion eggs from the Easter egg hunt. At night, he was telling me about it ...

"I have two minion eggs. I will give one to Janelle.i must think carefully , I only have two . I must go back to get more eggs, so I can share with everybody. Everybody loves the eggs like me because there's many toys inside the egg." 

We met up with Julian and while they didn't exactly play together for very long , but he at least gave an Easter egg to Julian. In fact, he went over to try "save Julian" when ah Pa pointed out that Julian needed saving from the bigger kids. Cayen dragged a mattress across and tried to "ringfence" Julian.

Then Caleb and Natalie came to visit. At first he was reluctant to share. But after being reminded of how they shared with him the dolphin in the swimming pool etc, he then started to share his toys. Towards the end, he even heeded my advice to look out for Natalie putting magnets in her mouth or showed her how to stack the Lego correctly. 

From these episodes,  I realised that he can actually share and take care of little ones -  he just needed to be explained clearly , be encouraged to help. Hope this is a turning point. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)