Day 5 of school

Didn't hear anything from English teacher in the day. No news is good news.

But when I reached home, understand that Chinese teacher that he has pushed someone. Sigh. 

Anyway, highlight of the day is during bedtime story. Ah Pa was reading new bedtime story to him .. It was about a mother who carried, rocked and sang to his baby every day even until she's old.

I'll love you forever, 
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be. 

                    - love you forever (by Robert Munsch) 

Finally, the mother became too old and frail one day and the son had to the one to carry her. Then, the son also started the tradition of carrying his daughter and singing that song. 

Suddenly he asked. 

C: 阿爸,你会爱我多久?

Ah Pa: 很久啦. 但是阿爸有一天也会老,跟阿公阿婆一样,爷爷奶奶一样。

Long pause ... And tears started to well up and his eyes turned red. He looked like he was about to cry big time. 

C: 阿爸会死啊?

Ah Pa: (a bit shocked by the emo outburst and for a moment thought he's going to die) 阿爸会永远爱你,一辈子爱你...

He then calmed down a bit.

I think I got a new age sensitive boy on hand, though I must say that book makes me want to cry as well. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)