Squashing fruits

To keep Cayen occupied during mealtimes, typically I will bring a bag of Lego and some books to entertain him before the food arrives or after the food is done. 

This meal, he started with a bowl of mushroom soup and then some onion soup. Because the main course wouldn't come, we gave him some small pieces of fruits first which comprised of watermelon, dragonfruit and grapes. After gobbling up a few pieces of the sweet watermelon, he started to squash all the fruits. It all looked very gross . And finally after he's done, he picked up the plate and slurped the juice down his throat. So he was trying to "juice" all the fruits so he could drink it! 

At this moment, I wondered if I should have stopped him when he's trying to squash all the fruits. After all, we all know it's bad table manners and we shouldn't play with food. But on the other hand, if I did, I would have inhibited his creative juices somewhat. 

Well, think I will probably stop him next time since it's quite messy and there's some wastage in the process. 

I was too caught up for any shots while he was juicing. This was dessert time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)