What should you do when you see an UFO?

Last Saturday night at around 11.52pm, I was awakened by a loud chopping sound from something that sounds like a low flying helicopter or perhaps some other plane. I drew the curtains and saw a flying object with a bright light flying towards our direction from Ang mo kio area and after a while, it flew from our side to Ang mo kio area again.

I was quite concerned given that it was flying so low and it was hovering or seemed to be searching for something.i tried to take a video but it was a little too dark so it didn't come out clear.  I wandered if I should call the police or something but somehow decided against it. 

The next morning, I woke up and the whole family heard it . In fact every one had awakened to investigate the source. Apparently the air con in the other room was actually shaking from the noise and proximity. My mum also saw the plane from her side of the window, flying very low. 

Upon this , I decided to call the police and described what I saw as I wanted to rule out the possibility of terrorist doing and I just wanted to know if it's a Singapore plane. After five minutes,I got a callback from another officer who asked me to describe more of the aircraft . I said I wasn't sure but it sounded like a helicopter , to which he agreed in unison as he said he heard it too since he stayed In that area. In my mind, I wondered if he had also reported the incident himself. 
Anyway, the police reminded me to call straight away next time instead of waiting till the next day so they can investigate immediately. Well , that makes sense. 

Anyway, since I never got a straight out answer from the police, I decided to do some investigation myself. So I asked my neighbour in the same block to see if she heard it. She did but she never saw it because she's on a low floor. But she managed to ask another neighbour who saw it fly from the Marina area. 

I posted the question on Facebook at 10.31am and by 2.35pm, another friend who lived in the area said they saw the helicopter land at Tan Tock Seng hospital , so we concluded it's a medical emergency . By 7.30pm, my neighbour found the exact reason for the medical emergency. http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/rsaf-evacuates-civilian-vessel-crew-member-ttsh-after-suspected-heart-attack

Yeah! Detective Jene solved the mystery with help of friends within 24 hours. I wondered if the police got to the same conclusion but I was glad that it was nothing serious. 

While it might sound very Kiasu and Trivial to call the police but I was concerned about our overall safety to have planes flying so low when I lived on a high floor. Also, in the light of recent ISIS attacks, I think it's better to be safe than sorry. After all, the threats are getting nearer , even in our neighbour countries like Indonesia and Malaysia just this week. 

As such, when in doubt or when something doesn't feel right, do act and call the Police. Being alert is the only thing we can do in the face of all these external threats. Please don't feel shy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)