Week Three Day 2 & 3 - generally good

On Tuesday, I heard that he had a new friend Ryan and that there's 2 parties (1 Alexandra and 1 Ryan) in class where there was a cake and he helped to crack the eggs. So I thought it sounded quite good that he's making friends though it's strange why there are two parties in 1 day , presumably one in the morning and one at night. And he still reiterates that Pat's school doesn't have school/work, every day just play play .. Which got me a little curious about the curriculum. 

So on Wednesday , I decided to ask Ms Irish on his behaviour and if there's indeed two parties.  So here's what I gathered.
----
Teacher: Hi Mummy, the good news is he has not been playing in the toilet or with water anymore. Everytime he comes out from the toilet, he would say he didn't play and it's true. He has been napping well also. He doesn't play or stand and walk around during nap time. We still have to tell him from time to time not to mix the toys and share with his friends. So he has been improving and no pushing or biting these last few days. That's already fantastic!!! 

This afternoon, the chinese teacher who is taking them for I-Math said he drew in the table instead on his paper and refused to follow what he supposed to do on his workbook. So I think that will be our next step for him. Praise him when he comes home for all his good behaviour. And hope that he will do his work well coz I know he can because he is a smart boy. 😊

I think the party is their pretend play at the cookery. I saw him playing at the cookery and setting up the table. He did mention they are having a party." 

Me: Sure.. We will do that to reinforce .. It's ironic why he wouldn't do his work properly .. Cox he shared with me just yesterday that in Pats , there's no school/work every day , just play play play ..

Thanks for your Patience so far.. Looks like he's settling a lot better now

Teacher: Haha! He refused to do his work properly. Actually we are already starting some letter handwriting c, a and d. But he doesn't do it properly. And he's the only one who didn't do his craft for chinese because he refused to draw. Laoshi asked them to draw their favourite friend in class. He mentioned he likes Celine.

Me: He likes cockroaches and Mickey Mouse and will draw one when I asks Maybe you can try these subject  next time..

And I notice he is now friends with Alexander and Ryan , which is good.

Anyway, tonight I will get him to write to remind him to write properly in school. 

-----
Overall, I'm delighted with his progress and grateful to teachers for doing a good job ! Trust me, it's no mean feat ! 

Found some nice pictures from Z & X's party that day .. Which was the only day he played with other neighbours .. Over various water gun fights. 真是不打不相识..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)