Decluttering

Ok, I'm a hoarder.

I don't like to throw away things in good condition no matter how infrequently I use them. This is because I truly believe they will come in handy one day. So I keep primary school and secondary school essays, clothes from 20 years ago (Cox I believe one day I will fit into them again) , ribbons, empty gift boxes & used wrapping paper (Cox I want to recycle them) and of course generally any gifts from anyone.

Today, I had a breakthrough - I decided to sell a few of my bags as they were in very bad condition and I actually did. This is particularly tough as all these have sentimental value i.e. birthday gifts from Da or was bought during our honeymoon. However, given that the bags were very worn or in bad shape, I decided to sell them on Carousell , just in case someone else can find a better use for them. 

I was surprised that within hours, all three bags were snapped up. Perhaps it was the nominal price that I quoted or perhaps they really liked the label but boy was I glad to recycle the bags again to a second owner instead of just discarding them. 

Key sharing: if you have anything you don't want, please try to sell them or donate them to Salvation Army or SgFreecycle Facebook group or you can refer here for more options. http://www.herworldplus.com/solutions/solutions/5-charities-singapore-you-can-donate-old-clothes-and-things It's a lot less wasteful if someone else can give a fresh lease of life to them. I am posting the pictures of my bag so you can have a sense of what people may pay for even though I was upfront about all the flaws and showed them the closed up shots. 

2nd learning: While the resale value seems tidy for such bags, it's nothing compared to the $1000s spent on them to start with.  Reminder to myself to not buy these bags again since I handle them quite roughly and it really hasn't much preservation value. 

Discoloured LV bag 


Stained Prada : 


Flaking Prada: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurturing creativity

Feedback from teachers

Top 12 Tips during Confinement - revised edition (2017)